MEKONG DELTA INTEGRATED CLIMATE RESILIENCE AND SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS PROJECT
Credit No: Cr-5845-VN
Assignment Title: Project implementation support consultant
Reference No. CPMU-CS-QCBS-04
The Socialist republic of Vietnam has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Mekong Delta integrated climate resilience and sustainable livelihoods project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include supporting Central Project Management Unit (CPMU)/Project Management Units (PMUs) in all aspects of project implementation including:
- Study available project documents, working with CPMU to agree on and to submit a tentative detailed work plan for the entire service;
- Support CPMU and PMUs in all aspects of project implementation including preparing work plan every year, establishing and updating procurement plan, carrying out the related procurement and contract management activities and reporting as required by relevant authorities and donor;
- Support CPMU/ PMUs in working with donor and relevant authorities in preparation of next-phase sub-projects;
- Support CPMU in monitoring, managing construction progress and quality;
- Support CPMU/ PMUs in piloting livelihood transformation models in subprojects;
- Support CPMU in implementing subprojects HP1-5: Enhancing forecasts for management and operation of irrigation/ hydraulic works;
- Support CPMU / PMUs in preparation and implementation of safeguard policies as required by donor and regulations of Vietnam Government;
- Support CPMU / PMUs in organizing training courses, workshops, capacity building activities.
The Central Project Office (CPO) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- General experience: The consultant shall provide the information relating to qualifications and relevant experience of the firm (or firm members in case of Joint Venture); core business and years in business, standard policies, procedures or practices in place that promote quality; organization and management of consultant team; how the consultant deal with complaints concerning performance of your staff or quality of the reports submitted for this assignment. The consultant should have minimum 10 years of experience in providing relevant consultancy services in project management, preferably the multi component projects on climate change adaptation similar to this MD-ICRSL project.
- Similar experience: The consultant shall provide the information relating to technical and managerial capacity and experience of the firm which is in relevance to project implementation support; number of contracts similar to this assignment (with supporting documents such as completion certificates) which the firm has participated as main consultant (single firm or member of a joint venture) or sub-consultant. Similar contracts are defined as ones related to implementation support services under investment projects of water infrastructures for livelihoods transition in adaptation to climate change, and having similar nature, work scope and complexity as this assignment.
- Geography experience: The consultant shall provide the information relating to relevant experience in Vietnam and/ or other South East Asia countries, and Mekong Delta particularly.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00 (Hanoi time, GMT+7:00). During traditional New Year from January 26th, 2017 to February 1st, 2017, all staff will be out of office, contact should be done via email address below.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax by 16:00, 7th February, 2017 (Hanoi time, GMT+7:00)
Central Project Office - Vietnam Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development
Attn: Nguyen Truong Son – CPO Deputy General Director and CPMU Director
No. 23, Hang Tre street, Hoan Kiem distr., Hanoi, Vietnam
Tex: +84 4 39345296; +84 4 38242363
Fax: +84 4 38242372