The Socialist republic of Vietnam has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Mekong Delta integrated climate resilience and sustainable livelihoods project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include supportingConsultant firm for research wave breaker for mudflat creating to protect coastal dikes in kiengiang province including:
- Survey current status of the study area (topography, geology, meteorology, hydrology, oceanology, bathymetry, environment, ecosystems, society, economy, etc..);
- Analyze and process collected and surveyed data;
- Report on analysis of options of breakwater to create mudflats been and being used in West coast protection of Mekong Delta;
- Study report on simulation and prediction of geohydronamic regime and shoreline changes in KienGiang province according to options of breakwater to create mudflats;
- Physical model experimental study to confirm the most optimal and durable measures, including the design approach for the future breakwaters
- Report on socio-economic efficiency analysis and and selection of the optimal model;
- Provide guidance in detailed engineering designs of selected options, including operation manuals;
- Study report on upscaling adoption of breakwater to create mudflats in areas with similar and suitable conditions in Ca Mau province;
- Organize consultation workshops.
The Central Project Office (CPO) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- General experience: The consultant shall provide the information relating to qualifications and relevant experience of the firm (or firm members in case of Joint Venture); core business and years in business, standard policies, procedures or practices in place that promote quality; organization and management of consultant team; how the consultant deal with complaints concerning performance of your staff or quality of the reports submitted for this assignment. The consultant should have minimum 15 years of experience in providing relevant consultancy services in studying and designing coastal dikes, sea embankment, breakwaters, preferably projects on climate change adaptation similar to Mekong Delta.
- Similar experience: The consultant shall provide the information relating to technical and managerial capacity and experience of the firm which is in relevance to study/designcoastal dikes, sea embankment, breakwaters; number of contracts similar to this assignment (with supporting documents such as completion certificates) which the firm has participated as main consultant (single firm or member of a joint venture) or sub-consultant.Similar contracts are defined as ones related to study the wave breaker to protect coastal dikes and having similar nature, work scope and complexity as this assignment.
- Geography experience: The consultant shall provide the information relating to relevant experience in Vietnam and/ or other South East Asia countries, and Mekong Delta particularly.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00 (Hanoi time, GMT+7:00).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax by 15:00, 22st October, 2018 (Hanoi time, GMT+7:00)
Central Project Office - Vietnam Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development
Attn: Nguyen Hong Phuong – CPO General Director
No. 23, Hang Trestreet, HoanKiem distr., Hanoi, Vietnam
Tex: +84 4 39345296; +84 4 38242363
Fax: +84 4 38242372